Tuesday, January 25, 2011

You are beautiful!

I read a lot of blogs. Honestly it can be addicting. There is some much wonderful stuff out there and you could spend a lifetime enjoying everything everyone has to share on this World Wide Web. Every once in awhile something will hit me, something that sets itself apart from the rest. I read this blog often and she is cute with a lot of fun project ideas, but for some reason this campaign hit me, read about it here. The message was so simple and strong "You are beautiful , You are You".
Photobucket
I think in the last 18 months since i gave birth to my beautiful girl this thought process has sort of taken over my life. She is her and she is beautiful, i am me and i am beautiful, he is he and he is beautiful. We are all stars walking onto our own glamorous stage. I feel like i spent so many years dwelling on what i did not find beautiful...I am short, i gain weight easily, my legs are like two tree trunks, my nose hooks like a pirate, my jaw is like a man, the list could go on, but in one simple day i gave birth to a beautiful little girl, who redefines what beauty really is, and my life changed. A light went on, and i realized how beautiful the world really is. Not just what makes my eyes feel good, but true soulful beauty that words can not describe.
I AM beautiful
I AM funny
I AM goofy
I AM glamorous
I AM artistic
I AM loving
I AM a great mom
I AM a wonderful wife
I AM me!!!!!
Why is that so hard? Why is it so easy to say this is what i don't like about me, but it is almost painful to say what i do like, or even figure out what i like. Now it is your turn...Who are you? Why are you beautiful. What makes you you, take the time figure it out, your self will thank you.

9 comments :

Miriam Leah said...

LOVE the pix and ur expressions :) you are too cute-and of course beautiful :)

one_plustwins said...

You, my dear, are most assuredly beautiful!
You're heart is beautiful.
You're capacity for compassion is beautiful.
You're love for your family is beautiful.
Now, for aesthetics.
I have always thought you are gorgeous! You are a classy dresser (modesty can be so very beautiful).
Your smile is pure and real, inviting and beautiful.

Great post! Off to tackle my own...

The Professor said...

I stumbled across this blog by following a link from some other one. (I do that so many times I cant even remember which site I came from). After looking through the blog a bit, I gotta agree with this post, and say that your children are very lucky, as they've got themselves one wonderful mother!

Life On A Cotton Ball: The Treadmill Of Life

Charles said...

No comments?? Come on people, my wife works hard to blog and she needs comments! Doesn't she look great!

Tiffany said...

Wow. Good question and excellent point...I'm going to have to mull this one! Thank you!

lacey Ballantyne said...

yay!!!
I am beautiful!!
I am a great cook!!
I am a good partner!!
I am a good friend!!
I am silly!!
I am talkative!!
I am ME!!

Cory said...

You ARE B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L!!! Isn't it funny all the things we see when we look at ourselves. I love the way you look. You have a vintage style about you, and I love that. It reminds me of a more simple time in the world, where things were just a little more classy. What a great post. If I had a blog I would link up. This will now be one of the blogs I follow. Ahhh, there are so many good ones, like yours. ;-)

Devorah said...

Love those pictures!! SO fun!!

Anonymous said...

Great Post!
Ralph Waldo Emerson is to have said,"Never lose an opportunity of seeing anything beautiful, for beauty is God's handwriting." and YOU embody true beauty !!
Emerson also says,"We find delight in the beauty and happiness of children that makes the heart too big for the body."
Thank you for sharing with us how big your heart truly is!!


Read more: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/keywords/beauty.html#ixzz1n9hNx0Al