Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Purim Cartwheels..

I love Purim! I could spend hours here talking about why i love Purim, the costumes, the gifts, the fun. That feeling in the air that makes you want to just run and do a cartwheel on the nearest patch of grass. That is Purim for you, the holiday of joy and cartwheels. I also don't think it's a coincidence that this year Purim's English date also falls on the first day of spring. WooHooo i made it spring is almost here!
Photobucket
When deciding on Rozie's costume ( the other two have decided their own) i tried to be original, i tried to be unique, but i realized it didn't matter this girl had to be a princess.I don't care how many other princess will be walking around Purim day because none of them will have the gown i just made my Rozie, but then i felt guilty so how about a...
Photobucket
Perfect Princess Costume Tutorial:
For a size 12 month tutu you will need....
  • 2 yards pink tulle and 2 yards gold tulle, or any color combo you like ( 4yards of each color for 24month, you get the idea)
  • Coordinating thread
  • Scissors
  • Ribbon for sash
I bought my tulle at Joann fabric it was about $1.99 a yard but it was 40% off when i went in, and make sure to google for Joann coupons. Lay your tulle on the floor like a long ribbon,and fold in half with wise. That way instead of your fabric being two layers it is now 4 layers. The more layers the fluffier it will be. Now it is time to sew. I did this by hand sewing,but it could be done on a machine on a very long basting stitch. Doing it by hand took me about 7 minutes.Your stitches don't have to perfect, and the longer the stitch the better the gather so do a in out in out quick stitch. Photobucket Once the entire fabric is gathered hold it up to your child and measure to make sure it fits around. gather more or let out some if need to. When the right size has been found tie off the thread. Photobucket Now lets attach the sash. I cut a piece of ribbon longer than the tutu with enough left over to tie the skirt on. I also hand stitched the ribbon right on over the gathers covering the edge to give it a clean look.Heat seal your ribbon with a match to keep the edges from fraying. Photobucket Now try it on your princess, most likely it will be long, so trim to desired length. This project really shouldn't take more than an hour. use left over scraps to make a matching flower. Photobucket Gorgeous!!! Photobucket Just one tip keep your mini princess away from her gown or you might have a lot of this.... Photobucket

19 comments :

Ilisa Ailts said...

You are one talented mom! Love it and she is a doll. A princess doll.

Jacky said...

So cute!! And you are so talented!!! She looks just like a princess doll- you know those life size (about 3 feet tall) barbies? Thats what her pretty face and body and outfit look like to me. :-)

Happy Purim!

Cathy said...

Adorable!!!! Of course, she would look adorable if she went in a diaper. Good job, momma!

Anna Theurer said...

Gorgeous! Both Rozie and the tutu.

Amy said...

What a perfect little princess!! You are so creative, Sheva!

Donyel said...

The costume looks beautiful..especially with the matching flower. So cute!

Frayda said...

Very cute! Kol hakavod!

chanalesings said...

Adorable, She is delicious!!

Patti said...

I honestly don't think you could get any cuter. Love that girl!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a gorgeous, sweet girl with a wonderful mom as well!
May she have a happy life and bring you much joy and happiness.

Taylor and Dean said...

Alisheva- this is Taylor, Lacey's lil sis and can I just say Rozie is MUCHO adorable?! I love her already! And what a cute tutu idea- I can see your talent and creative eye has not changed a bit! Hope you don't mind that I found this blog! I think it (and you) are fabulouso! :)

Team Lando said...

I wish I had time to craft this week after seeing this one!

Anonymous said...

I read through your entire blog last night and you are a true inspiration. Keep strong!

Susanna said...

Rozie has the most stunning blue eyes ever. Sweet doll baby with her sweet tutu!

Chani said...

such a cute idea! you are so talented

SammyJammy'sMom said...

This post makes me wish my baby was a girl! This is so cute! And Rozie is, of course, as beautiful as ever.

Devorah said...

SO sweet!!

You really have amazing talent to be able to figure that out on your own! And I love the flower you made with the leftover tule - that was such a great and creative idea!

Happy Purim!

Rivki Locker (Ordinary Blogger) said...

So super talented, I am amazed. I made my kids' costumes for the first time this year and we chose something we could make using felt and glue guns. No sewing for me! Good for you. Enjoy Purim, and thanks for stopping by my blog.
-- Rivki @ Kosher Cooking for Ordinary People and Healthy Eating for Ordinary People

TheFoleyFive said...

just found your blog via the long thread...so sweet..i love it so much...my very very good friend runs the blog, babynumber10.blogspot.com..about her little lily bird who also has DS..after reading thru your post and loving all your ideas and inspiration and just the overall aesthetics of your style..bravo..and so glad to have found a new site to follow!