Monday, January 28, 2013

She has skills!

Rozie has been bugging me for a while now to use scissors. She tells me she wants to "cut paper." This is fine with me because cutting is an age appropriate three year old skill, and I'm excited to see her move forward with her fine motor skills. I began searching the internet for a pair of adaptive scissors that spring back open after each cut. She has been having trouble opening the scissors once they close. I don't think it's a strength issue, more of a tiny tiny hand issue that even preschool sized scissors are huge for her. Rozie is very small in stature but her hands and feet are even smaller. She still wears a infant size 5.5 shoe. Anyway, I selected a few pairs of scissors that had great reviews and planned to order them for her.
Fast forward to a few days ago and we were having a rough morning before school. You know one of those days where everything goes wrong. I sent Rozie upstairs while I grabbed her dress from the laundry. When I got upstairs, I found Rozie mid cut. She was happily lopping off a side chunk of hair. No issues here opening and closing my adult sized hair cutting shears. She turned to me and declared in an ever so proud voice, "I cut!"

Yes, Rozie cut of a bit of her hair. Nothing too bad, but her new Cindy Lauper circa 1985 look is going to put a bit of a damper on my future hair tutorials. I started parting her hair on the other side against her natural part, hoping to cover the rooster spikes.

Dear Rozie,
I'm so proud of you and your advancement of your fine motor skills. I love your coloring skills and your cutting abilities are out of this world, but I'm sorry to inform you that you will no longer be receiving any sort of OT or fine motor therapy. You are using your skills for evil and I'm worried that you have gone to the dark side my young padawan.
Love,
Mommy
Want to see a video of Rozie talking all about her new look, come over and like the MyShtub Facebook page and check out the video.

No comments :